Hey O! So as you know, it’s my second year of college and I just moved in as a Resident Assistant into the dorms. We had a bunch of training and then 40 of my little munchkin freshmen moved in. I made our floor theme Despicable Me minions brightening up their worlds by telling them “You are one in a Minion”! The entire dorm’s orientation theme was zombies so we had a lot of fun with that. And just so happens that both of my roommates had birthdays 2 days apart as well as 2 other birthdays on the floor, so I decided to treat them with cake pops!
1 box cake mix (I used chocolate cake mix!)
Eggs, water and oil for the cake
1 can of frosting (I used Betty Crocker Cream Cheese frosting)
25-35 cake pop sticks
White chocolate chips or Candy Melts (these work better) (at least 24 oz)
1. Bake your cake according to the box. Remove from oven and cool completely.
2. Once cake is COMPLETELY cooled, crumble it up. Just mash it up with your hands.
3. Add 3/4 container of frosting of your choice. Don’t use too much frosting or the cake pops will be too wet.
4. Combine the frosting and the cake crumbs with your hands.
5. Next you want to make the actual cake balls. After you scoop the cake, roll them in your hand until they are complete round balls.
6. Carefully melt about 1/4 cup of white chocolate on the stove and add a tablespoon of oil.
7. Take one cake pop stick and dip the very end in the white chocolate and then stick into the cake ball. Repeat with all the cake balls. Put the cake pops into the freezer to set for 30 minutes.
9. While the cake pops are chilling, melt and color the rest of the white chocolate and add food coloring.
10. Remove the cake pops from the freezer. Dip into the white chocolate until complete covered.
11. You can either set the cake pops on a wax paper lined tray to harden or devise some type of container to keep them upright to keep the completely round shape.
12. Let the cake pops set out until hardened.
13. To add a fancy flair, I sprinkled some with the blue sugar sprinkles.